Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thoughts about this semester...

This semester has been a really tough one at FIT. I didn't shoot as much as I would have liked to because I was stressing myself out trying to formulate a thesis that would be successful. The projects that I did finish this semester were not really the area of photography in which I want my work aimed towards. I put a great deal of time and effort into a video that focused on a personal issue. I do not want my work to be dark and full of sadness. This video was the complete opposite of what I want to do. But on the other hand it was nice to set out of my comfort zone.

I have accepted an internship with a great photographer Lisa Shin. I can't wait to get to work with someone who's making a living out of what I want to do. I'm pretty excited to get hands on experience and learn a whole lot that I cannot learn at school.

As I approach my last semester of college I can't help but look back at my first year at my old school, Albertus Magnus. I would have never thought I would have come this far in pursuing photography. As each year progress I feel as if I have a better chance in actually having a career in this area. But who knows what the future holds and where I'll wind up, but for once I believe in myself and I'm confident I'll try my hardest to make it happen.



Here are a few pictures from a series called "Lost and Found" that I started in my third year.


No comments:

Post a Comment